CPO Northern Question Time 2017
It is a challenging but exciting time in the CPO world!
There are always questions that need to be asked and subjects to be discussed and with that in mind, we ask you to join us in what will be an interesting and informative event.
The format is a chaired debate with senior practitioners commenting; and with audience participation.
|21 September 2017||Eversheds Sutherland, Manchester||£75||BOOK|
Note: All prices are subject to VAT at the prevailing rate
This event will be followed by a drinks reception to give time for informal questions and networking.
CPT would like to thank Eversheds Sutherland LLP for the use of their facilities.
- Matthew Collings, Principal Associate, Eversheds Sutherland LLP
- Simon Cook, Partner, Roger Hannah
- Greg Dickson BSc(Hons) MA MRTPI, Planning Director, Barton Willmore
- Alison Ewing, Associate Director, Forensic and Investigation Services, Grant Thornton UK LLP
- Stephanie Hall, Senior Solicitor, Manchester City Council
Question Time Focus:
- Mayoral powers for Liverpool and Manchester – what does this mean for CPO in the North West?
- Clearer, fairer, faster – progress of CPO reform so far and what is next?
- Lands Tribunal decisions – what is to be done about inadequacy of experts?
- Potential tsunami of work – resourcing challenges and enhancing processes
- Lessons learnt from Aylesbury Estate and Millwall FC
- Use it or lose it
- Nature and form of CPO disputes and a review of some recent cases which highlight the problem
- Potential changes to CPO from the incoming Government
This is your chance to be involved in the debate on the above issues and other matters.
The event will be chaired by Greg Dickson, who will manage the proceedings with the panel addressing topics which arise during the evening.
You, the audience, will have the opportunity to comment and ask questions.