CPO Talking Heads: March
Implications of Safeguarding of Land for Future Projects
CPD and networking events are suspended. Both have significant role in the way we do business, and especially so in the CPO world. CPO Talking heads is about getting informed networking back for the land assembly world.
|23 March 2021||Virtual Monthly Discussion||£30||BOOK|
Note: All prices are to be paid in GBP and are subject to VAT at the prevailing rate
What is CPO Talking Heads?
CPT virtual communications will curate a small panel of leading and informed practitioners, who will, once a month, discuss topical or contentious issues over a lunchtime. These panellists will extract the nuances from the subject, and discuss practical issues that arise, with participants in the meeting being encouraged to ask questions and share their comments.
- Safeguarding is a statutory mechanism that is employed to ensure land which has been identified for development in the future is protected from conflicting development.
- What is the purpose of safeguarding?
- How does safeguarding operate in practice?
- What is the impact of safeguarding on landowners, occupiers and rights holders?
- Are current statutory blight provisions fit for purpose?
- The role of discretionary blight schemes for major projects
The meeting itself will run as an informal discussion, not a webinar and without a slide presentation. It's about talking, networking and engaging with fellow practitioners. but equally you can just simply sit and listen.
March's Talking Heads
- David Holland, Partner, National Compulsory Purchase & Compensation Team, Squire Patton Boggs (UK) LLP
- Vicky Fowler, Partner, Gowling WLG (UK) LLP
- Jonathan Stott MRICS, Managing Director, Gateley Hamer
- Henry Church MRICS, Senior Director, CBRE
- Angela Juszczyk BA (Hons) MSc MRICS Registered Valuer, Director, Roger Hannah