Dealing With Empty Property
This months topic is: 'How do property managers and business owners manage empty property'. It promises to be valuable, practical in its focus and a very informed debate that will dig into the nuances of the issue. The event is part interview, part chat style. A modern approach to CPD, held over a lunchtime, that wont interrupt your work.
|23 November 2021||Virtual Seminar||£30||BOOK|
Note: All prices are to be paid in GBP and are subject to VAT at the prevailing rate
How do property managers and business owners embrace empty property?
Not only does vacant property fail to provide income for landlords and shareholders, it also creates a myriad of issues:
- What must a tenant do to give vacant possession? What are the circumstances of their departure? Can they be deemed to still be in occupation?
- How to deal with any tenant’s goods remaining
- What requirements might insurers have, and do they involve the landlord in expenditure?
- Security – from vandalism, theft, even occupation by trespassers
- Addressing maintenance and repair, and upkeep of the surrounds so as not to impact on other tenants
- Deemed utility supply contracts
- Empty Rates liability and the various mitigation schemes to avoid such additional costs.
In this session, Roger Cohen, Simon Griffin and Mark Shelton will look at the practical issues.
- Roger Cohen, Senior Counsel, Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner LLP, London
- Simon Griffin, Rating Director, JLL (Jones Lang LaSalle)
- Mark Shelton, Commercial Property Management Law Trainer, CPM Law Training Limited and Author of 'A Practical Guide to the Law of Dilapidations' and 'A Practical Guide to Applications for Landlords' Consent and Variation of Leases'