FTB Annual Rating Seminar 2019
This afternoon seminar will concentrate on the major developments in rating with short, focused sessions on relevant topics in one afternoon - ideal for busy practitioners.
The seminar will be of benefit to rating surveyors and other professional advisers.
|17 June 2019||De Vere Grand Connaught Rooms, London|
Note: All prices are to be paid in GBP and are subject to VAT at the prevailing rate
Richard Glover QC, Cain Ormondroyd, Hugh Flanagan and team from FTB will speak on the following topics. They will be joined by Blake Penfold who will speak on the Treasury Select Committee Inquiry into the impact of business rates on business.
- Telereal Trillium v Hewitt (VO)  UKSC23 - end of the line for nominal valuations?
- MCCs after Merlin v Cox (VO)  UKUT 406 (LC) - will economic circumstances ever qualify?
- Some notes on procedure: service of notices (Kingsway), validity of proposals (Alam v Stoyles VO).
- Preparing for and giving evidence in the Upper Tribunal
- Offers to settle: refresher and tactical tips