Rating Question Time 2017
We have a panel of leading practitioners to answer questions from the audience on a number of topical rating issues. Paul Sanderson will be chairing the event.
|19 October 2017||Herbert Smith Freehills LLP, London|
Note: All prices are subject to VAT at the prevailing rate
The event will be followed by drinks and canapés to give time for valuable networking
- Paul Sanderson JP LLB (Hons) FRICS FIRRV, President, International Property Tax Institute
- Roger Messenger, Partner, Wilks Head & Eve
- Tony Masella, Chief Executive and Chief Operating Officer, Valuation Tribunal Service (VTS)
- Alan Colston BSc (Hons) MRICS MCMI Dip.Rating, Director of National Specialist Unit, Valuation Office Agency
- Patrick Bond BSc FRICS Dip.Rating IRRV (Hons), Former Head of Rating Valuation at the Valuation Office Agency, Immediate Past President of The Rating Surveyors' Association
- Mark Higgin BSc (Hons) FRICS FIRRV, Partner and Head of Rating, Montagu Evans LLP
Whilst you, the audience will pose the questions, its likely questions will focus upon:
- The Various Reviews
- The Enterprise Act
- Disposing of 31/3/15 appeals.
- The Election
- 2017 – Check, Challenge and Appeal
- Has anything changed since Monk v. Newbigin?
- Business Rate Retention
- Devolved Powers to Cities
- Reliefs and Exemptions
- The fall of the Finance Bill in the last Parliament – are ratepayers going to get their reliefs promised from the Budget Statement?
- Brexit – One Big MCC?