Rating Question Time 2017
We have a panel of leading practitioners to answer questions from the audience on a number of topical rating issues. Paul Sanderson will be chairing the event.
|19 October 2017||Herbert Smith Freehills LLP, London|
Note: All prices are to be paid in GBP and are subject to VAT at the prevailing rate
The event will be followed by drinks and canapés to give time for valuable networking
- Paul Sanderson JP LLB (Hons) FRICS FIRRV, President, International Property Tax Institute
- Roger Messenger BSc FRICS FIRRV REV MCIArb Hon. CAAV MIPAV (HONS) RICS Registered Valuer, Senior Partner, Wilks Head & Eve
- Tony Masella, Chief Executive and Chief Operating Officer, Valuation Tribunal Service (VTS)
- Alan Colston BSc (Hons) MRICS Dip.Rating, Chief Valuer, Valuation Office Agency
- Patrick Bond BSc FRICS Dip.Rating IRRV (Hons), Former Head of Rating Valuation at the Valuation Office Agency, Previous Past President of The Rating Surveyors' Association
- Mark Higgin BSc (Hons) FRICS FIRRV, Partner, Montagu Evans LLP
Whilst you, the audience will pose the questions, its likely questions will focus upon:
- The Various Reviews
- The Enterprise Act
- Disposing of 31/3/15 appeals.
- The Election
- 2017 – Check, Challenge and Appeal
- Has anything changed since Monk v. Newbigin?
- Business Rate Retention
- Devolved Powers to Cities
- Reliefs and Exemptions
- The fall of the Finance Bill in the last Parliament – are ratepayers going to get their reliefs promised from the Budget Statement?
- Brexit – One Big MCC?