Risk, Liability and Insurance in Commercial Valuation Work
A morning seminar to review the significant risk commercial valuers endure; giving the opportunity to question and discuss current concerns in the insurance market, recent legal developments and the latest RICS guidance note.
|10 July 2018||Howden Group, London||£160||BOOK|
Note: All prices are subject to VAT at the prevailing rate
will be aware that theirs is one of the professional activities that carries
a high risk of being sued if they get it wrong. Even though the wave of largely speculative
claims that followed the last financial crisis has subsided, when did you last
review your practices to make sure that you are keeping the risks you take to a
This half day seminar gives you
the opportunity to hear from and question experts on current concerns in the
insurance market, recent legal developments and the latest RICS guidance on
managing valuation risk. It will also look at some of the risks the market itself
Welcome & Registration
Risk, Liability and Insurance in Valuation Work: The RICS Guidance Note
- Are we experiencing the echoes of a credit crunch?
- What has been learnt and how is the industry better protecting itself this time?
- Professional Indemnity Insurance market update
- What does the RICS guidance say?
- Legal update
- The Court's approach to valuation
- Risk Management
Uncertainty and Risk in Valuation
- Do you understand the difference between uncertainty and risk?
- What are your risks if you get it wrong?
- RICS guidance clarified in 2017 - What are the practical implications?
- What disclosures are required and when?
The Market Creating Risks for Valuers
- Looking at bulk properties classes and the risks associated with these properties
- Market trends
- The impact of the internet on retail
- The demise of the high street and the impact on rents
- The impact of CVAs and the demands to reduce rents