and its website https://cptevents.co.uk
This notice complies with the EU General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (GDPR) why we obtain, store and process data which can identify you.
What data we collect
When you register with us, or book on to a conference or event, data from you is collected. This data may include:
- Personal information including first and last name, job title and company
- Contact information including current work address, email address and phone number
Your consent is obtained during the booking process when registering for an event. This information provided by you to CPT will only be used by persons authorized by CPT to contact you by e-mail, phone and/or mail about CPT products and related services, which will include special CPD promotions. All information you provide to CPT may be retained on one or more databases. You may opt-out/withdraw this consent at any time by either clicking ‘unsubscribe’ on any communication or by adjusting your choices within your member registration area at https://cptevents.co.uk. You can also mail: CPT, 4A Woodside Business Park, Whitley Wood Lane, Reading, RG2 8LW.
How your data is used
To perform the contract we have entered into with you to deliver our services to you and your company, i.e. to register you for an event, process you/your company’s payment, and request essential information, or special requirements relating to the event.
Your information will be added to the attendee list printed in the delegate pack and used to produce a name badge and certificate of attendance, comprising: name, qualifications, job title, company and location.
We host some events in the offices of organisations such as law firms or consultants and for security reasons we produce a list of attendees, using your name and company only. This ensures that only those who are registered to attend the event are able to access the building.
We also share any specific dietary or access requirements you have informed us of with the venues to assist you at the event, this information is not retained by the venue.
To invite you to further relevant events or send you information/notes from events attended. This process is in our legitimate interest of providing services to you, which includes letting you know about the other services we offer that may be of interest to you in the future or where you have given your consent to receiving this information. Legitimate Interest means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/product and the best and most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests.
How your data is stored
CPT use technical and organisational measures in accordance with good industry practice to safeguard your information, We use three separate, but integrated systems to store your Information:
1. Administration: This is an event registration system used to register you for events and which records attendance and your personal details.
2. Marketing: This is a customer relationship management database which stores your personal details and preferences. CPT also uses:
- Email Marketing Post-Click Tracking Cookies - these cookies are used to report on the pages that have been viewed by visitors to the site who have followed links from our email marketing campaigns.
- Analytics - these are used to view technical information including IP address, operating system, browser type and related information regarding the device you used to visit the website, the length of your visit and your interactions with the website.
3. Accounting: When paying online
using credit cards, your payment will be processed by a Sage Pay. Your
card details are not be stored within any of the CPT systems at any time.
How your data is retained
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
- To access your personal information - You can view a copy of all the data we hold on you by entering your member registration at www.cptevents.co.uk and viewing ‘All my Data’. You can also request to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you
- To rectify the personal data we hold on you - You can amend your data at any time at enter your member registration at www.cptevents.co.uk You can also request correction of the personal data that we hold about you
- To object to the processing of your information - You can change your preferences at any time by entering your member registration at www.cptevents.co.uk and viewing ‘Member Detail’ Please note that if you request erasure of your personal data we may not always be able to comply with your request for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- To restrict the processing of your information - You can in certain circumstances request that we restrict the processing of your data, for example where the information is inaccurate, or where you have objected to the processing. Please email CPT with your request and sufficient information to allow us to identify you and we will ensure this is completed within one month of the request date.
- To object to receiving marketing emails or information from us -You can change your marketing preferences at any time by entering your member registration at www.cptevents.co.uk and viewing ‘Member Detail’, or you have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us at email@example.com, or by following the unsubscribe instructions included in all our marketing communications
We have security measures in place to prevent your personal data from being lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to specific CPT employees. Third parties who have a business/event need to know will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
When using your password to access
member registration services at https://cptevents.co.uk you are responsible
for keeping this password confidential, please do not share your password with
Third party content, sites and
Please contact us if you have a question or concern about the use of your personal information, or a query arising from this statement. Contact details can be found at https://cptevents.co.uk/contact-us
We will always treat you query with upmost care. If you remain unhappy with the outcome you have the right to contact the ICO.
Review of CPT Privacy Notice
This Statement and Notice was last reviewed May 2018. We may update the terms of this statement and Notice at any time.