CPO Talking Heads: November
Blight Caused by Public Works: Is the Statutory Regime fit for Purpose?
This event runs as an informal discussion with a small panel of leading and informed practitioners extracting the nuances from this months topic "Blight Caused by Public Works: Is the Statutory Regime fit for Purpose?". It will discuss practical issues that arise, with participants in the meeting being encouraged to listen, join in, ask questions and share comments.
Module Duration: 59 minutes
The CPA have partnered with CPT Events to bring you CPO Talking Heads.
- The pros and cons of living in a society
- Purchase vs compensation
- Triggers and a moving target
- Balancing fairness – impeding infrastructure vs hardship
- Who should we protect?
- “Foundation layer” or one size fits all?
- Are they the right answer?
- Should provision be discretionary?
- Should content be fully or only partly discretionary?
- Can they make things worse?
- Delays undermine the purpose of Blight notices
- Valuation date drifts after acceptance
- Period of limbo where no possession date to work to
- Why are blight notices served? Is time a factor
- Should there be time limit for possession?