Tenant Insolvency & Landlords’ Rights
There are many different kinds of insolvency procedure and while some are highly restrictive of the actions a landlord might wish to take, others are not. It is not enough to settle for the information that the tenant has ‘gone bust’ and simply wait to see what payment, if any, emerges. Landlords and their advisers need to be aware of the forms insolvency and pre-insolvency procedures may take, what options remain open and the effective routes to maximising payment of rent and other sums, or obtaining possession if required. This recording takes a practical approach to the issues raised by tenant insolvency.
Module Duration: 2 hours 3 minutes
Date Recorded: 21/06/2023
This session will cover the following:
- Pre-pack administrations and obtaining permission to take enforcement action
- Payment of rent as an expense of the insolvency procedure
- Disclaimer of leases – the procedures and the practical consequences
- The scope to challenge restructuring proposals
- Blue Jeans orders
- The Park Air solution
- Mark Shelton, Commercial Property Management Law Trainer, CPM Law Training Limited and Author of 'A Practical Guide to the Law of Dilapidations' and 'A Practical Guide to Applications for Landlords' Consent and Variation of Leases'