The Rating Diploma Holders' Conference 2022
Rating Rides Again
The 28th Annual Conference will examine the current issues, facing the modern rating practitioner. The 2022 Conference of the Rating Diploma Holders' Section of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, is open to both members and non-members alike.
Welcome & Introduction From The Rating Diploma Holders' Section Chair - Patrick Bond
Approaching 1 April 2023 - Alan Colston and Stuart Hicks
- Revaluations - R2023, R2026…
- NDR reforms- transparency phase 1
- Outlook for rating
Bite Sized Chunks:
Limitation of Appeals Regulations – A Guide to End of Lists Pitfalls - Dennis Broughton
Future Changes in Energy Efficiency Requirements – What Effect on Value? - David Alford
- SI 2022/405 - 100% relief on green P&M
- Are tenants paying a higher rent for greener buildings?
- Low energy rating, low rents?
Is Tone Dead? - Guy Richardson
- Do more frequent revaluations mean we never reach a settled tone?
- Is there a tone now for 2017?
- Is rental evidence damaged by not having a settled tone?
How are VO's Treating Checks and Challenges? The New VTE Single Document Explained - Heather King & Alison Gidman
- What are your appeal rights if your challenge is unlawful/void?
Master and Servant - Bjorn Bowles
- Paramount Control
- Ludgate House case
- Serviced office occupier
- Short term occupiers
Disrepair and Rating – Latest Insights - Karl List
- Monk, Canada Square etc
- End of life property
- Dilapidation works
- Handing back to landlord
Recent Rating Cases – From a Surveyor’s Perspective - Duncan McLaren MBE
- The popular and traditional examination of recent Supreme Court, Court of Appeal, Upper Tribunal (Lands Chamber), Valuation Tribunal, Scottish and Irish cases from a valuer’s perspective.
- Patrick Bond BSc FRICS Dip.Rating IRRV (Hons), Chairman of The Rating Diploma Holders' Section of the RICS; Visiting Lecturer, City University Business School
- Alan Colston BSc (Hons) MRICS Dip.Rating, Chief Valuer, Valuation Office Agency
- Stuart Hicks BSc (Hons) FRICS Dip.Rating IRRV (Hons), Head of Rating, Dunlop Heywood
- Dennis Broughton MRICS Dip.Rating, Business Rates Director, GL Hearn Ltd
- David Alford BSc MRICS Dip.Rating, National Technical Lead on the Utilities - Transport and Telecoms Team, Valuation Office Agency
- Guy Richardson BSc FRICS Dip. Rating ACMI, Director, Colliers International
- Heather King MRICS Dip.Rating, Technical Advisor, Valuation Office Agency
- Alison Gidman Dip Surv MRICS, NDR Customer Journey Owner and CCA Senior SME, Valuation Office Agency
- Bjorn Bowles MSc MRICS Dip.Rating, Partner - Business Rates, Knight Frank LLP
- Karl List BSc (Hons) MRICS Dip.Rating, Complex Appeals and Case Manager, Valuation Office Agency
- Duncan McLaren MBE MRICS Dip.Rating, Technical Advisor, Valuation Office Agency