Ten Steps to Mastering Forfeiture of Leases - The Essential Practicalities
This course, by the author of ‘A Practical Guide to Forfeiture of Leases’, identifies clearly and practically the important steps to effective use of forfeiture, and will be invaluable for anyone managing commercial property.
Module Duration: 2 hours 14 minutes
Topics covered will include:
- Identifying the aim: recovery of possession, or enforcement of lease terms?
- The do’s and don’ts of not waiving the right to forfeit
- The indispensable preliminary formalities
- Who must be served with a section 146 notice?
- Changing the locks or going to court?
- Relief from forfeiture – a route through the complexities
- How soon after forfeiture can a landlord re-let the premises?
- Mark Shelton, Commercial Property Management Law Trainer, CPM Law Training Limited and Author of 'A Practical Guide to the Law of Dilapidations' and 'A Practical Guide to Applications for Landlords' Consent and Variation of Leases'