Rating Talking Heads: October 2023
The Non Domestic Rating Bill Update
This event runs as an informal discussion with a small panel of leading and informed practitioners extracting the nuances from the selected topic. They discuss practical issues that arise, with participants in the meeting being encouraged to listen, join in, ask questions and share comments.
Module Duration: 1 hour 3 minutes
Please note there are no slides accompanying this recording.
- An overview of the changes
- Does this mean the end of MCCs?
- The valuation impact beyond MCCs
Improvement and Other Reliefs
- How long will the relief scheme last?
- What is a Qualifying Improvement Work?
- What is the occupancy condition?
- What will not be included in the certified amount?
- What if there are multiple improvements within 12 months?
NDR Bill Update
- In addition to focusing on the above areas, the webinar will provide an outline of how other parts of the Bill have weathered during the progress of the Bill
- Shorter period between revaluations
- Pro-active and mandated ratepayer behaviours regarding information submissions
- Legalising data sharing
- The emergence of Digitalising Business Rates
- Administration changes to multipliers, the central list, completion notices (in England), accounting for business rates retention and enabling BA’s to make retrospective discretionary relief awards.
October's Talking Heads
- Simon Griffin BSc (Hons) MRICS, Rating Director, Jones Lang LaSalle; President, The Rating Surveyors' Association
- Stuart Hicks FRICS Dip.Rating IRRV (Hons), Head of Rating, Dunlop Heywood; Chair of the RICS Rating Diploma Holders’ Section
- Mandy Franklin MRICS Dip.Rating, Technical Advisor, Valuation Office Agency
- David Alford BSc MRICS Dip.Rating, Lead Specialist for Utilities, Transport & Telecoms, National Valuation Unit - Chief Valuer Group, Valuation Office Agency
- Josh Myerson FRICS Dip.Rating IRRV (Hons), Partner and Head of Rating, Montagu Evans LLP; Previous Past President, The Rating Surveyors' Association
- Richard Williamson, National Head of Rating, GL Hearn Limited; Vice President, The Rating Surveyors' Association