An Introduction to Commercial Landlord and Tenant
The Practicalities of the Property Administrators Role.
Commercial leases are the foundation and essence of property management. Anyone who works in this area needs to be familiar with what they say, what they mean, and how to work them. In this course we explain the key commercial terms of a commercial lease, and focus on the problems the delegates themselves have encountered. Ideal for administrators who have not been trained in the nuances of property - administrators, PA's, secretaries, accounts personnel, facilities managers, newly qualified and APC candidates.
|1 November 2017||Strand Palace Hotel, London||£260||BOOK|
Note: All prices are subject to VAT at the prevailing rate
Professional staff have been under increasing demands for their time, to make savings, and service more clients. One attractive option is to delegate more of the routine management tasks to support and junior staff. For that to work it is vital that the technical and support staff should be a 'safe pair of hands' with a sound understanding of commercial property leases, the basics of property law, and the procedures that must be followed in order for such delegation to be successful.
This event gives you the chance to go through your own problem scenarios that you are faced with in your working life. Problem scenarios are to be submitted in advance.
This course will be of particular benefit to property administrators, secretaries, PA'S, accounts personnel, facilities managers, graduate surveyors on APC and all staff who would like more of an understanding of commercial property matters.
- Understand the nature of a lease, by contrast with a licence to occupy, and identify different types of tenancy
- Become familiar with the business security of tenure regime in outline, and be able to recognise when occupation falls outside that regime
- Gain an understanding of the nature and meaning of repairing obligations under commercial leases, and methods of enforcement of those obligations
- Discuss the financial obligations of a lease (rent, service charge and VAT) and remedies available to landlords to enforce payment
- Discuss the other main commercial terms of a lease, including alienation and alterations
Previous attendees thought:
"A very well balanced course in terms of content and details as a property officer who regularly deals with tenancy issues I have found this course has given me confidence to look to their lease"
"I am very happy that I attended this course. It was a great opportunity to meet interesting people and learn something hear/extend my knowledge"
Tailoring the course to you
Session 7 - Discussion of problem scenarios
|Question and Answer Session|