Understanding Commercial Property Management 2021 - Session 2
Commercial leases are the foundation and essence of property management. Anyone who works in this area needs to be familiar with what they say, what they mean, and how to work them. In this course we explain the key commercial terms of a commercial lease, and focus on the problems the attending delegates have encountered. It is ideal for administrators who have not been trained in the nuances of property - also PA's, secretaries, accounts personnel, facilities managers, newly qualified and APC candidates.
Module Duration: 2 hours 17 minutes
- Repairing responsibilities
- Leasehold Property (Repairs) Act 1938
- Restriction on assignment and subletting
- Restrictions on use
- Alterations and improvements
- Lease terminations and vacant property issues
- Waiver of right for forefit
- Avoiding being trapped into accepting a surrender
- Break options
- Mark Shelton, Commercial Property Management Law Trainer, CPM Law Training Limited and Author of 'A Practical Guide to the Law of Dilapidations' and 'A Practical Guide to Applications for Landlords' Consent and Variation of Leases'