Commercial Property Law and Practice Annual Review
This is a newsworthy update and briefing for everyone involved in commercial property management. Ideal for busy practitioners to stay abreast of law, practice and market trends – all from the comfort of your home office and also available On-Demand afterwards if something crops up.
|10 June 2021||Virtual Seminar|
Note: All prices are to be paid in GBP and are subject to VAT at the prevailing rate
While the impact of Covid-19 and the responses to it have occupied much attention over the last year, it is far from being the only story as regards the law and practice of commercial property management.
This 90-minute webinar will give an opportunity to consider and discuss the implications of these developments, and will help you keep on top of the ever-changing commercial property law scene.
- Mark Shelton, Commercial Property Management Law Trainer, CPM Law Training Limited and Author of 'A Practical Guide to the Law of Dilapidations' and 'A Practical Guide to Applications for Landlords' Consent and Variation of Leases'
- The government has introduced sweeping changes to the Use Classes Order.
- New insolvency procedures have been introduced in the Corporate Insolvency and Governance Act 2020.
- The courts have given guidance on force majeure clauses and business interruption policies, which will have significant consequences and will impact significantly on how the market will react to future Covid-related events.
- The Lease Code, now a RICS Professional Statement, has been re-issued with changes.
- Case law has emerged on a whole range of issues:
- Contracting-out of the 1954 Act
- Adverse possession
- Service charges
- Remedies for infringement of rights of light
- Break options
- Interpretation and modification of restrictive covenants
- The enforceability of exclusivity clauses
- Liability to remediate contaminated land