Commercial Valuation: Do you understand your risk?
Surveying firms can, and should, do a lot more to manage the risks when undertaking valuation work, so to minimise real, potential and unjust PII claims. This event looks at practical solutions to do so.
|28 September 2017||Howden Group, London|
Note: All prices are subject to VAT at the prevailing rate
EG will have a stand for display which will be available for delegates during the course. Daniel Benton, will also be leading a short session on The Introduction to Valuations360.
Valuations360 is a brand new, secure cloud-based platform that enhances the valuation process, enabling you to:
- Reduce the cost per valuation by cutting administration time and streamlining valuation report production
- Improve risk management by implementing a consistent approach to valuations that follows industry best practice
- Get ahead of the competition by bringing data and report management all into one location and centralising your valuation intelligence
Find out more here
Learning Objectives :
- The monitoring of Registered Valuers undertaken by RICS and common problems identified.
- How to identify and better manage financial and reputational risks involved in valuation work.
- Recent developments in the law around professional negligence
- The current view of underwriters of professional indemnity risk
- Recent and emerging changes in RICS professional standards relevant to valuers
Valuation is one of the riskiest services offered by chartered surveyors. Even if you have been fortunate enough to avoid a claim for an allegedly incorrect valuation, many highly reputable firms have not. Even though a claim may be of little merit, the hassle and cost it creates is still a drain on a firm’s resources and can still have a negative impact on PII premiums.
Complying with the RICS standards is an obvious first step in protecting yourself from claims but it is only part of what needs to be done to manage quality and risk in valuation services.
In this seminar, we examine steps that you need to make in order to stay within the rules, and we also examine practical measures you can take to help minimise the financial and reputational risk that attaches to valuation work.
- Graham Stockey, Principal Surveyor RICS Regulation, RICS
- Chris Thorne FRICS, Director, Valuology, Past Chairman IVSC Standards Board
- Tom White, Partner, Clyde & Co LLP
- Emma Vigus, Director, Professional Indemnity Howden, Howden - Specialist Insurance Brokers
- Jake Holloway, Business Development Director , Crossword Cybersecurity PLC
- Daniel Benton, Commercial Product Manager, Estates Gazette
- Professor David Tretton FRICS FIRRV, Valuation Professional Standards and Public Sector Property Consultant to RICS and World Bank
|Monitoring under RICS Valuer Registration Scheme
|Managing Valuation Risks |
Insurance and the perception of valuation risks
|Cyber Security – Jake Holloway|
|Panel Q&A Session - Morning’s five speakers|
to Valuations 360 |
|Conflicts of Interest in Valuation |