Rating - Talking Heads - March
Rating Green Energy and Power Generation
Lets go leftfield: How do we value emerging technology and infrastructure? Most of us know how to rate an office, retail park, even a library (ignoring the nuances of some cases), but where do we start with power generation? A small panel of leading and informed practitioners, will discuss this topical, or contentious issues over lunchtime to extract the nuances from the subject, and discuss practical issues that arise.
|17 March 2021||Virtual Monthly Discussion|
Note: All prices are to be paid in GBP and are subject to VAT at the prevailing rate
What is Rating Talking Heads?
CPT virtual communications will curate a small panel of leading and informed practitioners, who will, once a month, discuss topical or contentious issues over a lunchtime. These panellists will extract the nuances from the subject, and discuss practical issues that arise, with participants in the meeting being encouraged to ask questions and share their comments.
March Discussion: Green Energy and Power Generation
PV panels and wind turbines have provided some nasty and expensive (non electric) shocks to occupiers. How do they fit into the rating system?
- Rateable Plant & Machinery
- Government Fundamental Review
- Power Generation for own consumption
- Selling power generated
- Micro Generation
- Reliefs and exemptions
- Methods of valuation
It is clear there needs to be a framework for the valuation, but questions arise:
- Should such be part of the Rating List?
- Should such be able to have reliefs and exemptions?
- How does such policy fit into the green agenda; by way of carrot, or stick?
The meeting itself will run as an informal discussion, not a webinar and without a slide presentation. It's about talking, networking and engaging with fellow practitioners. but equally you can just simply sit and listen.
March's Talking Heads
- Blake Penfold BSc FRICS MCIArb, Business Rates Consultant, Blake Penfold Consultancy
- Stephen Webb, Technical Lead, Utilities, Transport and Telecoms Team, National Specialist Unit, Valuation Office Agency
- Josh Myerson FRICS Dip.Rating IRRV (Hons), Partner and Head of Rating, Montagu Evans LLP; President, The Rating Surveyors' Association
- Chris Handel MRICS, Director, Handel Rating Consultancy Limited