RICS Code for Leasing Business Premises
The Good, The Bad and The Mandatory
Now that the Code for Leasing Business Premises has been relaunched as a RICS Professional Statement, with the prospect of sanctions for non-compliance, it may be expected that closer attention will be paid to what it says. In this webinar we look critically at the Code and consider the content that surveyors must comply with.
Module Duration: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Why would an intending occupier care about the Code?
- How does the RICS’ own standard lease fit in with the Code?
- Does the Code reflect tenants’ need for ever greater flexibility?
- What opportunities have been missed?
- Might standard lease forms be a better approach?
- Mark Shelton, Commercial Property Management Law Trainer, CPM Law Training Limited and Author of 'A Practical Guide to the Law of Dilapidations' and 'A Practical Guide to Applications for Landlords' Consent and Variation of Leases'