Escaping Lease Commitments
The financial difficulties that businesses are experiencing as a result of Covid-19 have one upside for occupiers, in the form of the opportunity to put pressure on landlords as to lease terms. This webinar will examine the extent to which landlords can control the issue, and possible routes to a solution via insolvency mechanisms.
Module Duration: 1 hour 32 minutes
- Getting out of over-rented property
- Giving inducements
- Accrued disrepair
- What are the options for simply closing the premises?
- How far can the CVA process be used to rewrite leases?
- ‘Compulsory surrender’ - the Park Air solution
- Mark Shelton, Commercial Property Management Law Trainer, CPM Law Training Limited and Author of 'A Practical Guide to the Law of Dilapidations' and 'A Practical Guide to Applications for Landlords' Consent and Variation of Leases'