Forfeiture of Leases - The Ultimate Reset for 2021
This course, by the author of ‘A Practical Guide to Forfeiture of Leases’ outlines the procedures and problems clearly and practically, and will be useful for anyone managing commercial property.
Module Duration: 2 hours 16 minutes
- The pros and cons – what is the landlord trying to achieve?
- Acquiring and losing the right to forfeit – keeping all options open
- How forfeiture is done – is changing the locks ‘a sure recipe for violence’?
- Relief from forfeiture – a route through the complexities
- How soon after forfeiture can a landlord re-let the premises?
- Mark Shelton, Commercial Property Management Law Trainer, CPM Law Training Limited and Author of 'A Practical Guide to the Law of Dilapidations' and 'A Practical Guide to Applications for Landlords' Consent and Variation of Leases'