Commercial Property Law and Practice Annual Review
This is a newsworthy update and briefing for everyone involved in commercial property management. Ideal for busy practitioners to stay abreast of law, practice and market trends.
Module Duration: 1 hour 36 minutes
- The government has introduced sweeping changes to the Use Classes Order.
- New insolvency procedures have been introduced in the Corporate Insolvency and Governance Act 2020.
- The courts have given guidance on force majeure clauses and business interruption policies, which will have significant consequences and will impact significantly on how the market will react to future Covid-related events.
- The Lease Code, now a RICS Professional Statement, has been re-issued with changes.
- Case law has emerged on a whole range of issues:
- Contracting-out of the 1954 Act
- Adverse possession
- Service charges
- Remedies for infringement of rights of light
- Break options
- Interpretation and modification of restrictive covenants
- The enforceability of exclusivity clauses
- Liability to remediate contaminated land
- Mark Shelton, Commercial Property Management Law Trainer, CPM Law Training Limited and Author of 'A Practical Guide to the Law of Dilapidations' and 'A Practical Guide to Applications for Landlords' Consent and Variation of Leases'