Rent Review and Lease Renewal - Session 2
The course will give an overview of procedures and look at recurrent issues such as whether the hypothetical lease should include a break option; what should be the assumed length of term and whether a ‘headline rent’ is effectively excluded. The course will look with particular reference to the increasingly well-used PACT scheme. This event will run as two virtual sessions of approximately three hours in length and will include comfort breaks.
Module Duration: 2 hours 53 minutes
Welcome and Introduction
Expert v Arbitrator
- The key differences
- What if they under-perform?
- Can their decision be appealed or challenged?
- Which is appropriate for a specific review?
Lease Renewal - the PACT Scheme
- Rationale and history
- How does it work?
- Why should I opt for PACT?
- Practical tips and issues
Some Practical Rent Review Issues
- Time limits, notices and counter notices
- The hierarchy of evidence
- Analysing, presenting and challenging comparables
- Fees, costs and Calderbanks
- Mark Shelton, Commercial Property Management Law Trainer, CPM Law Training Limited and Author of 'A Practical Guide to the Law of Dilapidations' and 'A Practical Guide to Applications for Landlords' Consent and Variation of Leases'