Rating Talking Heads - January
Unit of Assessment: What’s the knock on from the Supreme Court ATM decision?
A significant part of being a rating surveyor is about networking and staying informed; and applying technical knowledge to real problems. There were luncheons that fulfilled the networking for some members of the profession and events that did likewise for others, but COVID has stopped all. A solution is now at hand. CPT introduce the new monthly 'Rating - Talking Heads'.
Module Duration: 1 hour 11 minutes
Please note there are no slides accompanying this recording.
- Can the decision be applied to serviced offices, hospitals, markets, self-storage units, or to retail beyond the “barrier-line” (in airports, stations and in clubs)?
- How to know when the decision applies – what level of “control” is needed?
- Where the Supreme Court decision applies, is this reflected in the valuation of the host property? Should it be?
- Should the VOA be imposing a higher valuation on the host?
- Practical consequences – how to alter rating lists?
January's Talking Heads
- Blake Penfold BSc FRICS MCIArb, Business Rates Consultant, Blake Penfold Consultancy
- Josh Myerson MRICS Dip.Rating, Partner and Head of Rating, Montagu Evans LLP; President, The Rating Surveyors' Association
- Tim Johnson BSc (Hons) MRICS, Senior Director, CBRE, Vice President, The Rating Surveyors' Association