The Rating Diploma Holders' Virtual Conference 2020 - Virtual Sessions
The COVID-19 pandemic has prevented the RICS Rating Diploma Holders’ Section from holding its conference in Loughborough this year. Instead of an alternative all-day virtual conference, the Section has arranged a series of convenient three 1 ½ hour end of day talks online given by many of our usual speakers.
|19 November 2020||Virtual Conference - Session 1|
|26 November 2020||Virtual Conference - Session 2|
|3 December 2020||Virtual Conference - Session 3|
Note: All prices are to be paid in GBP and are subject to VAT at the prevailing rate
Booking Note for Dip Rating Holders: If you have not booked with us before, you need to register your details into the booking site by selecting 'Members' at the top right hand corner of this page, prior to booking your place. Discount codes need to be added during the booking process, followed by selecting 'invoice' to complete your booking.
The topics focus on topics of especial interest to rating practitioners at the present time – MCCs and Coronavirus, the practical application of CCA and, of course, Duncan McLaren’s review of recent rating cases. All sessions will be introduced and led by the Chair of the RICS Rating Diploma Holders Section 2019- 2020, Denise Trollope.
The Diploma Conference has become well known for its in-depth analysis of current practical rating problems and the Section hopes this year’s format – unfortunately without the networking, bacon rolls and lunch – will appeal to regular attendees.
- Denise Trollope BA FRICS Dip.Rating, Chair of the RICS Rating Diploma Holders Section 2019- 2020, Principal - Business Rates, Avison Young
- Stuart Hicks BSc (Hons) FRICS Dip.Rating IRRV (Hons), Director, Dunlop Heywood
- Wayne Cox MRICS Dip.Rating, Head of Licensed and Leisure, Valuation Office Agency
Session 3 - Thursday 3 December 2020 (15.25 - 17.00 Hours)
MCCs and Coronavirus
Stuart Hicks FRICS Dip. Rating, Dunlop Heywood
Wayne Cox MRICS Dip. Rating, Head Leisure and Licensed Property, Valuation Office Agency
- The law on MCCs
- MCCs - the statutory scheme
- The Anchor to the statutory scheme
- The valuation date
- Valuation implications
- The problem with demand
- “Check, Challenge, Appeal” – the approach
- What in fact is the MCC – avoiding hollow victories…