Dilapidations is Coming Back - Be Prepared
This webinar considers the issues of dilapidations in the present economic climate. The lifting of restrictions on landlords’ remedies during the pandemic is on the horizon, and available methods of enforcement will be dusted off. Landlords will want to be sure they are not missing any tricks in maximising end-of-term settlements, while tenants will want to be well prepared for potential claims at lease expiry.
Module Duration: 3 hours 1 minute
- Shorter leases and more limited repair obligations
- What terms are tenants looking for?
- The demise of dilapidations
- Strategies for minimising risk for both landlord and tenant
- Leaving the property better than you found it
- Schedules of condition and the alternatives
- VAT - Dilpidation payments will be subject to VAT (1 March 2021)
- Other relevant lease provisions
- Self-help and the leasehold property (Repairs) Act 1938
- Carbon emissions
- Energy White Paper
- Mid-term and lease-end remedies
- s.18 and diminution in value
- s.18 and supersession
- What is the landlord's goal, a repaired building or a finical settlement?
- Mark Shelton, Commercial Property Management Law Trainer, CPM Law Training Limited and Author of 'A Practical Guide to the Law of Dilapidations' and 'A Practical Guide to Applications for Landlords' Consent and Variation of Leases'
- Jon Rowling BSc (Hons) MBA FCIARB FRICS, Technical Partner, Tuffin Ferraby Taylor (TFT)