Rating Law and Practice: In the Shadow of CV19
How is the rating world coping with effects of CV19? This is an industry webinar briefing and discussion to give all those involved in the rating system a briefing on what’s changed, what’s stayed the same; and how the system works under CV19.
Module Duration: 1 hour 23 minutes
Challenges for the VOA: What Is The New Norm?
Challenges for Private Practice: What Is The New Norm?
- Proving a COVID-19 related MCC in the current world
- Gathering evidence
Challenges in Taking Cases to Valuation Tribunal, Upper Tribunal and the High Court
- Evidence - How to share in a virtual world? What is admissible?
- Hearings in the Zoom courts
- Virtual judges, witnesses, advocates and the virtual court room
Question & Answer Session
- Josh Myerson, Partner and Head of Rating, Montagu Evans LLP; Vice President, The Rating Surveyors' Association
- Alan Colston BSc (Hons) MRICS Dip.Rating, Chief Valuer, Valuation Office Agency
- Blake Penfold BSc FRICS MCIArb, Business Rates Consultant, Blake Penfold Consultancy
- Sophie Oliver, Director of Rating, Lambert Smith Hampton
- Roger Cohen, Partner, Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner LLP