CPO Talking Heads - February
Land Assembly Strategies: The Temporary v Permanent Dilemma
The principle behind talking heads is a simple one; how to stay abreast of key issues in the industry. 10 months ago we could meet for lunch, go to events; but COVID stopped all this. A solution is now at hand with a new style event and format. Join the lunchtime discussion 'CPO - Talking Heads'
Module Duration: 1 hour 1 minute
Please note there are no slides accompanying this recording.
- When is there a choice who has the benefit of temporary possession powers? What are the advantages and disadvantages to promoters and landowners? What are the time limits?
- When is there a need and when is it appropriate to use temporary possession powers?
- What is best for promoters may not be best for landowners or their tenants?
- What are the effects on landowners; and on landlords and occupiers with interests of surrounding land?
- Responsibilities of the parties – promoter, landowner and contractors
- Temporary doesn’t feel temporary, especially when there’s no defined end date
- Changing from temporary to permanent – how does a landowner mitigate?
- Should temporary possession be forced to avoid a Land Value grab on future development sites? Acquiring permanently and selling it on after temporary works have concluded.
- What are the compensation implications for landlords and ejected occupiers?