The 20th National Rating Day - Session 2
Watch the second virtual seminar of The 20th National Rating Day. In this recording you will hear sessions which look at Local Government Funding and a review of cases with a Rating Case Law Update.
Module Duration: 2 hours 1 minutes
Welcome and Introduction from the Conference Chairman - Josh Myerson
Funding Local Government - Alistair Townsend
- Billing authorities have been the outlet by which Government offered grants and exemptions
- They too have had to adapt to CV19
- But what’s been happening to their resources?
- How has the pandemic affected their funding?
- With the reliefs and exemptions for business, what impact has it had on local government finances and budgets?
- What does local government seek from HMT’s fundamental review?
- Questions and answers
Rating Case Law - Dan Kolinsky QC
- A review of cases
Question and Answers