The Rating Diploma Holders' Virtual Conference - Session 1
The COVID-19 pandemic has prevented the RICS Rating Diploma Holders’ Section from holding its conference in Loughborough this year. Instead of an alternative all-day virtual conference, the Section has arranged a series of convenient three 1 ½ hour end of day talks online given by many of our usual speakers. This first session looks at Check, Challenge and Appeal.
Module Duration: 1 hour 40 minutes
Welcome and Introduction from the RICS Rating Diploma Holders Section Chair, Denise Trollope
CCA - What is Required?
- What does the legislation require you to do?
- Practical application of the ‘Check, Challenge and Appeal’ procedures
- CCA problems and issues that have arisen and things to watch out for
- Making MCC proposals – the process etc.
- Practical hints and tips and pitfalls to look out for
- Denise Trollope BA FRICS Dip.Rating, Chair of the RICS Rating Diploma Holders Section 2019- 2020, Principal - Business Rates, Avison Young
- Heather King MRICS Dip.Rating, Technical Advisor, Valuation Office Agency
- Josh Myerson MRICS Dip.Rating, Partner and Head of Rating, Montagu Evans LLP; President, The Rating Surveyors' Association