CPA National Conference 2017
The Compulsory Purchase Association's National Conference seeks to brief members and other delegates on key issues and topics within the sector, providing valuable CPD for all those engaged in CPO and land compensation work.
|22 June 2017||Congress Centre, London|
Note: All prices are subject to VAT at the prevailing rate
CPA thank Sawyer Fielding for sponsoring the whole conference.
This event will be followed by a drinks reception to give time for informal questions and networking.
With the provision of infrastructure and housing at the top of Government’s agenda, demand for the services of compulsory purchase and compensation practitioners continues to increase. HS2, Crossrail 2, Heathrow Terminal 5 and the garden villages/ towns programme currently grab the headlines, but across the country there are hundreds of projects that demand the skills of those with an understanding of how to implement and advise on CPOs.
At the same time the pace of CPO reform is accelerating. Following hard on the heels of the changes introduced by the Housing and Planning Act 2016, fundamental alterations to temporary possession powers and the ‘no-scheme principle’ have been introduced in the Neighbourhood Planning Bill. With a new Housing Bill also likely this year, further reform is possible.
There has never been a more urgent need to keep up to date with rapidly developing law and practice.
The CPA National Conference brings together members and non members alike. With over 250 attendees at last year’s conference, it is a major networking event in the CPO calendar and a pre-eminent programme to attract the very best in the CPO world.
If you do CPO work, then this is a must attend event; both for networking and technical knowledge.
For more information about the CPA
- Rebecca Clutten, Barrister, Francis Taylor Building
- Matthew Collings, Principal Associate, Eversheds Sutherland LLP
- Colin Cottage BSc (Hons) MRICS IRRV, CPA Chair, Partner, Head of Regeneration & Infrastructure, Glenny LLP
- Killian Garvey, Barrister, Kings Chambers
- John Gunthorpe, Interim Head of Residential Property, Heathrow Airport Ltd
- Richard Guyatt., Partner, Bond Dickinson LLP
- Craig Howell Williams QC, Barrister, Francis Taylor Building
- Mike Kiely, Chair, Planning Officers Society
- Gordon MacNair SR/WA, AACI, P.App, Director, Corporate Real Estate Office, City of Ottawa
- Adrian Maher, Director, aspireCP
- Keith Murray, Principal, Keith Murray Consultants
- Liz Peace, Chairman, LandAid
- Colin Smith, Senior Director, CBRE
- Toni Weston, Director, Gowlings WLG (UK) LLP
Reform Update including The RICS ‘Surveyors advising in respect of complulsory purchase and statutory compensation’ Professional Statement (April 2017)
The new lending code for dealing with negative equity.
Human Rights, Government Guidance and the Compelling Case in the Public Interest – how compelling does it need to be?
Real Estate Projects In Canada’s Capital City, Ottawa|
or lose it - The compulsory acquisition of residential development land|
|Neighbourhood Planning Act and the scheme rules|