Planning Law, Policy and Practice in 2018
This event is an integrated review of planning law, policy and practice. The day will review hot topics of the moment, using leading practitioners and industry leaders to address the subjects in a candid and practical way. What better way to get a technical briefing and quality CPD! If you are involved in planning practice, planning law or planning policy, you need to join us.
|8 October 2018||Strand Palace Hotel, London||£280||BOOK|
Note: All prices are subject to VAT at the prevailing rate
An enviable programme with subjects and speakers that need no introduction, they sell themselves!
Confirmed Speakers To Date
- Peter Village QC, Barrister, 39 Essex Chambers
- Dr Jonathan Carr-West, Chief Executive, Local Government Information Unit (LGiU)
- David Waterhouse, Head of Planning and Land - Planning Policy & Reform Division, MHCLG
- Simon Ricketts, Partner, Town Legal LLP
- Richard Harwood OBE QC, Barrister, 39 Essex Chambers
- Matthew White, Partner, Herbert Smith Freehills
- John Parmiter FRICS FRSA MRTPI Independent Examiner, Director, John Parmiter Ltd
- Victoria Hutton, Barrister, 39 Essex Chambers
- John Pugh-Smith, Barrister, 39 Essex Chambers
Welcome and Introduction by Conference Chairman - Peter Village QC
Pressures on Local Planning Authorities
- Maintenance grants and Council tax receipts
- Funding shortfalls
- Using local authority funding powers
- Managing the market
- Direct -v- partnership delivery
- Housing delivery companies
- Funding partners
- Risks and penalties on local authorities for non delivery
The Revised Draft NPPF
- The new landscape, what can go wrong?
- Its strengths and weaknesses
- Unintended consequences
Land Value Capture - The Facts Minus the Lobbying
- What is land value capture?
- Haven’t we been here before?
- What is being proposed?
- Impact on the market and unintended consequences
Community Infrastructure Levy, s106 Agreements and Other Charges
- The increasing reliance on developers' deep pockets
- Adding to the wish list: new charges on the horizon
- Section 106 best practice – legal update and top tips
- CIL reform: dead or just resting?
- The impact on development – delays and capital diversion
- Overcoming the challenges to local authorities, agents and developers
- The Examination System
- Case Law Review – the dos and don’ts
Hot Cases Review