Rating Question Time 2019
We have a panel of leading practitioners to answer questions from the audience on a number of topical rating issues. This event will be followed by drinks and canapés to give time for valuable networking.
|17 January 2019||Eversheds Sutherland LLP, London|
Note: All prices are subject to VAT at the prevailing rate
We would like to thank Eversheds Sutherland LLP for the use of their facilities.
This years' format for the evening sees a variation to previous years. The ATM decision was handed down in November, and given the high profile aspect of the case, and its ramifications relating to the principle surrounding Unit of Assessment and Paramount Occupation, we have decided to have a presentation on the case and decision. This will then provide the launch pad into the rest of the evenings proceedings.
The Question Time will be chaired by Paul Sanderson, where members of the audience are invited to contribute comments and join in discussions. The evening provides an excellent up to date synopsis on current rating issues and culminates with a drink and canapé reception to allow informal debates and networking.
- Paul Sanderson JP LLB (Hons) FRICS FIRRV, President, International Property Tax Institute
- Roger Messenger, Partner, Wilks Head & Eve
- Mark Higgin BSc (Hons) FRICS FIRRV, Partner and Head of Rating, Montagu Evans LLP
- Nick Cooper, Business Rates Revaluation Team Leader, Local Taxation Division, MHCLG
- Gary Garland, President of the Valuation Tribunal for England
- Luke Wilcox, Barrister, Landmark Chambers
Presentation on the ATM case and decision.
The panel will then answer and debate questions posed by the audience.
The evening will then culminate in a drink and canapé reception to allow informal debates and networking.