The 20th National Rating Day - Session 3
Watch the third and final virtual seminar of The 20th National Rating Day. In this recording you will hear sessions which will look at Rating Legislation and Rating in a Tax Context.
Module Duration: 2 hours 1 minutes
Welcome and Introduction from the Conference Chairman - Tim Johnson
Rating Legislation and Rating in A Tax Context
Update and Review of Rating Policy - Alex Lim
- Past reviews have we had in the past 10 years, what makes this last year potentially different?
- The report from the Treasury Select committee
- The Scottish Barclay Review and its implementation
- Welsh divergence
- Election promises from manifesto to reality?
- Changes to NNDR and Government responses to CV19
Business Rates in the Tax Context - John Boulton
- HMRC stats, other material in the public domain
- How does rating fill the treasury pot and its contribution to the overall tax base
- The impact of tax of business
- The Government response to COVID 19, from a business perspective.
- What does business need now?
- COVID-19 – Businesses route to recovery, what does business need in in April 2021. How business rates can help or hinder.
HM Treasury Fundamental Review of Business Rates: Is this the real thing? - Josh Myerson
Question and Answers
- Tim Johnson, Senior Director, CBRE
- Alex Lim, Team Leader, Business Rate Tax Policy, MHCLG
- John Boulton, Manager, Technical Strategy, Executive, ICAEW (The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales)
- Josh Myerson MRICS Dip.Rating, Partner and Head of Rating, Montagu Evans LLP; Vice President, The Rating Surveyors' Association