The CPA National Conference 2021 - Afternoon Sessions
The Compulsory Purchase Association's National Conference briefs all who work with compulsory purchase and compensation, covering a diverse range of issues, with sessions focusing on law, practice and market activity. It is the premier event in the CPO calendar, with a pre-eminent programme and set of speakers. If you do CPO work this is a must watch event for technical knowledge and updates.
Afternoon Session Duration: 2 hours 23 minutes
Case Study: HS2 Curzon Street Station, Birmingham
- The challenges of devising and delivering a new station and the master plan for the HS2 terminal
- The difficulties of incorporating plans into the 2013 Hybrid Bill authorisation process and bringing it to reality
- From HS2 master planning to integration with the Birmingham City Council master plan
- What have we been doing on site?
Training for CPO Surveyors
The Prospective Changes in the Planning System - The Implications for CPO
- How the CPO system (and CAADs) is currently functioning
- The prospective changes in the planning system
- How might these impact on CPO?
Case Law Update
- Richard Asher FRICS, Director - Compulsory Purchase, Savills (UK) Ltd, CPA Chair
- Nicola Henderson-Reid ChPP MAPM AMICE, Head of Phase One Programme Delivery (L&P), High Speed 2 (HS2) Ltd
- Hala Lloyd, Lead Architect - Midland Stations (Curzon Street), High Speed 2 (HS2) Ltd
- Basit Ali Bsc Hons MRICS, Senior Commercial Development Manager - Phase 1, West Midlands, High Speed 2 (HS2) Ltd
- Paul Astbury BSc (Hons) FRICS, Partner, Head of Compulsory Purchase, Carter Jonas LLP
- Roger Hepher BA MTP FRICS MRTPI FRSA AAoU, Director, hgh Consulting
- Paul Arnett, Senior Associate, Town Legal LLP
- Isabella Tafur, Barrister, Francis Taylor Building