The Rating Diploma Holders' Conference 2021 - Morning Sessions
Revaluation After the Pandemic
The 2021 Conference of the Rating Diploma Holders' Section of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, will examine the current issues, facing the modern rating practitioner.
Module Duration: 2 hours 53 minutes
Welcome & Introduction From The Rating Diploma Holders' Section Chair - Helen Zammit-Willson
Revaluation in a Pandemic - Alan Colston and Stuart Hicks
- The AVD world - the AVD was 1 April 2021 during lockdown
- What does Sch 6 para 2(7) tell us, including the recent amendments?
- Use of trends and previous revaluations
Question & Answer Session
The Valuation of Composite Hereditaments - Karl List and Bjorn Bowles
- What are Composite Hereditaments?
- Does it matter?
- Approaching the valuation
- The Guardians' case
What Does an Over-Trader Look Like? - Wayne Cox
- What does the Guidance advise?
- What do the Courts tell us?
- Overtrading - differing approaches in the jurisdictions
- The public house and the jolly landlord
- The Wetherspoons City case
- Helen Zammit-Willson MRICS Dip.Rating IRRV (Hons), Director - National Valuation Unit, Valuation Office Agency
- Alan Colston BSc (Hons) MRICS Dip.Rating, Chief Valuer, Valuation Office Agency
- Stuart Hicks BSc (Hons) FRICS Dip.Rating IRRV (Hons), Director, Dunlop Heywood
- Karl List BSc (Hons) MRICS Dip.Rating, Complex Appeals and Case Manager, Valuation Office Agency
- Bjorn Bowles MSc MRICS Dip.Rating, Partner, Knight Frank
- Wayne Cox MRICS Dip.Rating, Head of Leisure and Licensed Property, Valuation Office Agency