The 20th National Rating Day - Session 1
Watch the first virtual seminar of The 20th National Rating Day. In this recording you will hear sessions covering issues such as the postponement of Reval, Best Practice and preparing for the 2017 End of List Provisions.
Module Duration: 2 hours 3 minutes
Welcome and Introduction from the Conference Chairman - Josh Myerson
Consequences of Postponing Reval - Kicking the Reval Down the Street - Krista Fieldhouse
- Issues arising out of / impact of the delay in having a new list in 2023
- The new UT Practice Directions
- Default remote VT hearings
- What the legislation requires for 2017 appeals
- Varying expectations between VT and UT
- RICS Expert Witness professional statements
- Contingency fees
- Does all the above serve to frustrate the needs and interests of the client?
- Managing clients in the new world
Preparing for the 2017 End of List Provisions - Krista Fieldhouse
- When will the 2017 List close?
- When are the last dates for submitting Checks, Challenges and Appeals?
- Rights to CCA if no longer an Interested Person
Question and Answers
- Josh Myerson, Partner and Head of Rating, Montagu Evans LLP; Vice President, The Rating Surveyors' Association
- Krista Fieldhouse, Partner, Gerald Eve LLP
- Richard New BA (Hons), Partner, Mills & Reeve LLP
- Peter McCrea FRICS FCIArb, Surveyor Member, Upper Tribunal (Lands Chamber)
- Jon Bestow IRRV (Hons), Registrar & Chief Clerk, Valuation Tribunal for England
- Roger Messenger BSc FRICS FIRRV REV MCIArb Hon. CAAV MIPAV (HONS) RICS Registered Valuer, Senior Partner, Wilks Head & Eve