The 21st National Rating Day: Session 1
The National Rating Day has come of age – 21 years in the making. The 2021 event will continue to look at the here and now, policy and reform; and best and effective practice. In session 1, we have sessions covering: Building Blocks for Reval 2023, Remote Hearings: Here to Stay? and the famous Case Law Update.
Module Duration: 2 hours 42 minutes
Welcome & Introduction from the Conference Chair - Josh Myerson
Building Blocks for Reval 2023
- VOA progress to date
- What is the task ahead?
- Timelines and key milestones
- Establishing values at AVD - evidence at the AVD and the VOA's approach
- Interaction between material day and AVD
Remote Hearings: Here to stay?
- Commentary from the Valuation Tribunal and Upper Tribunal
- On-line hearings - what has worked and what hasn't?
- Hearings in a post COVID environment
- Submitting evidence at the VTE - what is expected from participants prior and at a hearing
- Expectations from the Upper Tribunal
Panel Discussion with Question and Answers
Case Law Update
- Josh Myerson FRICS Dip.Rating IRRV (Hons), Partner and Head of Rating, Montagu Evans LLP; President, The Rating Surveyors' Association
- John Berry, Head of Professional Services, Valuation Office Agency
- Tim Johnson BSc (Hons) MRICS, Senior Director, CBRE, Vice President, The Rating Surveyors' Association
- Jon Bestow IRRV (Hons), Registrar & Chief Clerk, Valuation Tribunal for England
- Donald Scannell, Registrar, The Upper Tribunal (Lands Chamber)
- Dan Kolinsky QC, Barrister, Landmark Chambers
- Austin Marshall Dip Surv MRICS IRRV (Hons), Surveyor, Conneely Tribe