The Rating Diploma Holders' Conference 2022
Rating Rides Again
The 28th Annual Conference will examine the current issues, facing the modern rating practitioner. The 2022 Conference of the Rating Diploma Holders' Section of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, is open to both members and non-members alike.
|15 September 2022||Loughborough University, Loughborough||£195||BOOK|
Note: All prices are to be paid in GBP and are subject to VAT at the prevailing rate
This event is being managed by CPT Events for the Rating Diploma Holders Section.
Booking Note for Dip Rating Holders: Discount codes need to be added during the booking process, followed by selecting your method of payment to complete your booking.
The Diploma Conference is well known for its in-depth analysis of current practical rating problems. This years conference will focus on topics of especial interest to rating practitioners at the present time – Approaching 1 April 2023; Limitation of Appeals Regulations; Future Changes in Energy Efficiency Requirements; Is Tone Dead?; How are VOs treating checks and challenges?; Master and Servant, Disrepair and Rating and, of course, Duncan McLaren’s review of recent rating cases. All sessions will be introduced and led by the Chair of the RICS Rating Diploma Holders' Section 2021- 2022, Patrick Bond.
- Patrick Bond BSc FRICS Dip.Rating IRRV (Hons), Chairman of The Rating Diploma Holders' Section of the RICS; Visiting Lecturer, City University Business School
- Alan Colston BSc (Hons) MRICS Dip.Rating, Chief Valuer, Valuation Office Agency
- Stuart Hicks BSc (Hons) FRICS Dip.Rating IRRV (Hons), Head of Rating, Dunlop Heywood
- Dennis Broughton MRICS Dip.Rating, Business Rates Director, GL Hearn Ltd
- David Alford BSc MRICS Dip.Rating, National Technical Lead on the Utilities - Transport and Telecoms Team, Valuation Office Agency
- Guy Richardson BSc FRICS Dip. Rating, Director, Colliers
- Heather King MRICS Dip.Rating, Technical Advisor, Valuation Office Agency
- Bjorn Bowles MSc MRICS Dip.Rating, Partner, Knight Frank
- Karl List BSc (Hons) MRICS Dip.Rating, Complex Appeals and Case Manager, Valuation Office Agency
- Duncan McLaren MBE MRICS Dip.Rating, Technical Advisor, Valuation Office Agency
Welcome & Introduction From The Rating Diploma Holders' Section Chair - Patrick Bond
Approaching 1 April 2023 - Alan Colston and Stuart Hicks
- Revaluations - R2023, R2026…
- NDR reforms- transparency phase 1
- Outlook for rating
Bite Sized Chunks:
Limitation of Appeals Regulations – A Guide to End of Lists Pitfalls - Dennis Broughton
Future Changes in Energy Efficiency Requirements – What Effect on Value? - David Alford
- SI 2022/405 - 100% relief on green P&M
- Are tenants paying a higher rent for greener buildings?
- Low energy rating, low rents?
Is Tone Dead? - Guy Richardson
- Do more frequent revaluations mean we never reach a settled tone?
- Is there a tone now for 2017?
- Is rental evidence damaged by not having a settled tone?
How are VO's Treating Checks and Challenges? The New VTE Single Document Explained - Heather King
- What are your appeal rights if your challenge is unlawful/void?
Master and Servant - Bjorn Bowles
- Paramount Control
- Ludgate House case
- Serviced office occupier
- Short term occupiers
Disrepair and Rating – Latest Insights - Karl List
- Monk, Canada Square etc
- End of life property
- Dilapidation works
- Handing back to landlord
Recent Rating Cases – From a Surveyor’s Perspective - Duncan McLaren MBE
- The popular and traditional examination of recent Supreme Court, Court of Appeal, Upper Tribunal (Lands Chamber), Valuation Tribunal, Scottish and Irish cases from a valuer’s perspective.